Friday, December 18

Finally Finished

Well it took me a month to get back around to this little quilt. I started quilting it right after the fabric was ironed in place but I was having big problems with my thread. I ended up getting some info from the author of this technique Maria Elkins and switched over to Superior Thread. Wow what a huge difference it made. I couldn't find the thread locally so I ordered it and by the time it came in the house was in a mess with the floor project. So now that life is back to normal and I can sew again this was one of the first things on my list to get finished. I see a good list of things I'd would have liked to have done differently, but it was a great experience and I plan on making many more quilts with this technique. I'd love to do my dogs, but that would be a good bit more difficult I'd think.


Christmas is pretty much here and I've just got a little wrapping left to do and my baking. I'm going to try this super easy snack recipe I saw in a magazine. Just take a square pretzel and top it with a Rolo, pop in the oven for 1 whole min. and then press a pecan on top. How easy and oh it sounds good.

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

Wow I love your portrait!

By the way, you should enable the "followers" thing on here. I am adding you to my reading list.