Monday, December 21

Counting down till Christmas

It's getting to be very busy every day now with Christmas rolling upon us quickly. Was all ready for the cookie baking this morning and realized I was out of butter. Darn how does that happen? That is one thing I sometimes forget to do is mark items off my list when I take stuff out of the freezer. Then I look at the list and it said I had butter down in the freezer... So out I go into the 30 degree weather - yuck. And then when you're at the store just buying butter you see that a pretty roast is on sale and the next thing I know I've got a cart half full.

Wanted you to see this new recent phenomenon we have here. Hubby got these 2 little carpet samples from the flooring store for our little babies. With the cold weather and the lack of carpet they sit on these little islands of soft warm fuzzy and it's almost as if they are adrift in a sea of cold hard floor.



Made cookies today for hubby to take to work, for their holiday brunch tomorrow. Have 2 quiche's in the oven now for him too. I've got the good looking roast in the crock pot and hopefully will get some sausage balls made today too.

I have been very blessed recently to get 3 bags of free fabric from friends/family. I've just got to get it rolled up and put away in it's proper place - that may not happen till after Christmas. In one bag of fabric that was from my hubby's grandmother was a special surprise. This was some of her stitching. It's hanging on my pin board for now till I determine what this will be used in. It's so pretty.


No comments: