Friday, December 4

Button Up For Winter

Been very lax here lately with my blog. I guess I've lost my mind starting a big home improvement project this time of the year, but hey you know sometimes you just have to go with it when the mood strikes. So I've decided I've had it with the carpet in the downstairs of our house and have pretty much ripped it all up. One room left to do. It's been a bear to deal with. All those seemly thousands of staples not to mention the angry track stripping. So under the carpet is 77+ year old solid oak flooring. I'm keeping my fingers crossed with each hammer blow and hope for the best. I knew there was paint splattered all over it but only after I'd pulled it all up did I find the cupped planks and in places rotted wood. Oh heart break. Well buck up and come up with plan B. Checked into having it replace and almost had a heart attack. Might as well look for a new house, good grief. So it's time to shop for new floor covering. Been bouncing ideas off hubby of the new floating floor systems, tile, sheet flooring what will we do. So that's where we're at now. Had all the rooms measured today and will be checking on how each of the options budget out.

Needless to say with all this going on I've not been sewing too much. I did make my sister a Christmas table runner and have been working on several Christmas presents which I of course can't put on here till after Christmas. So for now here is another project I've been working on - Buttons & Beads for my mixed media stuff. I normally get the clay out several times a year and go gun-ho for several weeks to get a stock of stuff made up. I'd run completely out of my hand made beads! So for the last few days it's been poly clay and a little Christmas shopping.


These are a few of my hand made buttons.


And the hand made beads.




Well that's it for now. Getting ready for a jewelry
class tonight at our local JoAnn.

1 comment:

BJ said...

Royce - I love your creative and beautiful buttons! You are a wonderful artist - so talented!