Saturday, November 14

This Old House

No sewing today. Working on ridding our home of the wall to wall carpet. What a job that is. Tiny staples and little nails everywhere. The hard wood lurking under their is 77+ years old and not looking as nice as I'd hoped. But I guess I have to cut the old girl some slack. Not sure why I've had this sudden urge to work on this big of a project so near the holidays, but it's started now. Even went out and got a hand sander to work on the wood work too. You know when you have been looking at something for years and one day you just snap and have to fix it? Well I'm there. So old home of ours you get a holiday facelift. Now I'm mulling over a new paint color for the hall. That will be my first room to finish. This old house has big windows and lots of big wood work glad I enjoy painting. But I'm thinking tomorrow I may take part of the day off from this and do a bit of sewing. Have a 50's project planned for a Christmas present and really need to get it going. It's going to be fun.

1 comment:

Linda B said...

We did the floors in an old house we restored. Unfortunately, we had to pull up all the wood and reset the base, then reset the flooring. Used a big drum sander to smooth it all out and then got a swedish finish. It was beautiful and well worth the work. I miss that house.