Friday, September 25

Planting The Seeds For My Sunflower

A few days ago I took the CD to Kinko's and got the print out for my sunflower quilt. I was so used to looking at it on the computer screen seeing it full size was so cool. We put it on the floor of the store and it got several people wondering what it was. The sunflower quilt block in the corner tipped one lady off. She said you must have a lot of patience, I said no, not really, I just take a lot of short cuts.


I did the drawing in Adobe Illustrator, and had it printed in black only. The pattern is life size at 52" square. I don't have a design wall so I've had to hang it from the curtain rod in the dinning room. I'm cutting most of my little parts on the dinning room table so that works out well (I can see it as I'm working). I traced all the flower parts on to freezer paper.


Then I ironed the freezer paper on the fabric.




Then I did a rough cut out of the flower petals and stem/leaves. I don't really enjoy the cutting part. All I have left to cut out is the blue background. It can all be rotary cut, thank goodness. Now I'll clean up the cutting on each part and get them ready for stitching. After spending weeks working on the design, searching for fabrics and fine tuning my attack plan it's all getting started.

No comments: