Friday, July 24

Roaming The Old Neighborhoods

I've lived in East Nashville the bulk of my life and just love it here. Over the years the area has changed in some ways but in others not so much. 
A drug store where I got ice cream when I was 6 is now a restaurant, and beautiful old homes became gift shops. I'm thankful to the beautiful old buildings still being there to trigger my memories. The reason I was out roaming around was to take photos of the area that will be used in one of my entries for the Tomato Festival art show at the Art & Invention Gallery. Every year during the festival they have a big show of Tomato Art. So yesterday with great weather I took a walk threw this beautiful neighborhood and took tons of photos and of course stopped and shopped and had a few great snacks. 



I Dream of Weenie is a great place for lunch if you're on the go. It is inside a yellow VW van. It's really cute and the food is great. My dog had vadalia onion relish with rosemary and was yum. It's VW can be seen in the background in the next photo.


This is the gallery that has the tomato art. They have wonderful art
year round, but for one month it's tomatoville. The day of the 
festival they close the road and have a craft show in the street.
They have lots of kids activities so it's for the whole family.



After a good bit of walking and more photos I ended up at Sweet 16th. OH DEAR.
Well you just have to go in and get something. I fell pray to a Heavenly Scone and a peach oatmeal square. This little bakery is just wonderful. If you are in the area and haven't tried it out yet, well shame on you. I don't have words for how wonderful their goodies are. I near drove off the road when I took the first bite of my peach oatmeal square it was beyond wonderful. Every thing I've ever gotten there was great and the husband/wife owners are super nice folks, always a great smile when you go in.

I then ventured out to JoAnns and bought batting and of course fabric and it made a wonderful ending to a great day.

No comments: