Tuesday, July 28

Rainy Days

Not much going on today but did want to share a site I found with Free Amy Butler patterns on it. These are some very cute quilts and several nice accessories too. 

Was reading several blogs yesterday and found this really good idea. The link was on Fiber Fabrications and took me to Moda Bake Shop my first visit was very enjoyable. Wonderful fun projects and tons of ideas. The one very simple one that caught me eye and I'm going to try it this afternoon, is a pattern made with their crazy eight charm packs. The project is listed under the name of Christmas table topper and was done by Rachel of PS i Quilt. It's such a wonderfully simple idea and I just love it. She starts off with a 9 patch and then cuts in into 4 parts and reassembles into a wonderful block. I'm going to try it with some precut 2.5 squares I picked up at the quilt show and see how it works. There was another pattern on there that really took me back and it was the little stuffed strawberries made of red cloth with white dots. My mom used to make these when I was a teenager. They are using them for pin cushions but mother would always make a bunch and put them in the little wooden baskets that you would buy real strawberries in at the farmer's market. Oh nice memory. Well need to get back to it, doing some framing today and need to get it done.

No comments: