After working on "Sunny's" flower box for a good bit yesterday and doing all the finishing this morning, he is done. He has his "story" inside his back pocket and is ready for the trip to his new home.
As I'd mentioned I made his flowers big and cartoon like. This took several attempts to get them to look like I wanted. I ended up using interfacing to stiffen up the flowers so I would have the somewhat 2D effect I wanted.
Now that Sunny is ready to box-up and go to the post office I need to get started on my next swap. All the talented ladies in the ACEO group on Quilt With Us are having an ATC swap. This is a new thing for me and I just love these tiny quilted treasures. I have my eye on several I'd like to buy very soon. I have plans on how to display these.
I got an e-mail sales flyer from AQS today and it had a new book listed, about how to make inchie quilts. I'd only seen one other reference to these on a blog and was wanting to know about these really tiny quilts. Nadine Ruggles has published a book on these and I must have it.
I'm just now getting a little used to working on the small size of the ATCs so it might be a while before I go wandering into the inchie world, but it looks very intriguing.