Just finished this today.
I've been working on this wall hanging for several weeks
and I'm very happy with the results.
I've been wanting to do something with Koi for a good while.
The quilting of the Koi made me a little apprehensive, (of the fish scales),
but they turned out to be easier than I'd thought.
After I'd finished the quilting I added a little color with
They work very well on fabric.
The symbol was copied from a rubber stamp that stands for Tranquility.
This was painted on the fabric and then I quilted an outline.
Filled in the background with a little meandering.
After I finished this I rushed outside to take a photo. My photos always turn out better when taken outdoors. I often wonder what my neighbors think about me when I'm out snapping away at the flat unseen objects. I guess they are used to it by now, or they think I'm
taking photos of the front porch again.
This was a really fun quilt to make. I had to let it set for several days to figure out how I would do the border. When I laid the fabric out on the table thou, it just wasn't right. So back to planning and while I was standing there wondering what to do I was looking at some batiks I had. After just a few try outs the right one was found and I like the look. The border on the smaller part of the hanging is knitting yarn held in place with a zig zag stitch.
Working with "not quite normal" quilting materials is a lot of fun for me.
I think if I can sew it or glue it to the quilt it's OK.