Wednesday, December 17

Green Gift Wrap

At the 07 AQS show I made a wonderful discovery that I felt very stupid for not thinking of myself. Wrapping presents in fabric. It's done in many countries where waste is not as high as in the US. I never give a lot of thought to the paper I wrap in beyond the appearance. I've used printed and unprinted paper, brown craft paper and even the funnies from the Sunday paper. I've used many different types and it all works, but after they are opened you have a sea of sad unwanted paper. Purchased because you loved the color or print and now discarded without a single thought. 

Last Christmas several of my friends and I wrapped our presents to each other (we all quilt) in fabric. It's wonderful. You can start ohhhing and ahhhing before you unwrap. Then there is another little quilter's must have inside the beautiful fabric. 

It's such a great idea. It's a bit harder to wrap with, so don't try to make it act like paper. Your sewing friends will love this and if they don't sew, well you can just take that wrapping fabric back home with you. No huge piles of paper all over the living room and no waste. 
If you do use paper for presents, remember to recycle it. 

Have A Very Merry Christmas

No comments: