Wednesday, September 10

The woes of a fabric junkie

I have several different types of fabric I am always keeping my eye open for.  I'm putting together a stash of pig fabric for a quilt and I'm also trying to find a large panel, borders and general Olivia The Pig fabrics.  Oh that's 2 pig quilts.  Well I like pigs.  But with putting my little piggies aside the most space in my studio is taken up by oriental fabrics.  Oh I wonder if they have oriental pig fabric?  Just kidding.  It's a sickness.  I sit at my little computer and look at fabrics on line and rush to them in stores as if they were life lines.  My friends give me fabric as gifts and I give them fabric. We're all junkies I guess.

But then you know how that is, yes you do admit it. 

All quilters have that one or two types of fabric that they just can't pass up.   Every one has that one chink in there armor.  You set limits in your mind to try to talk yourself out of buying any more fabric, but sadly it never works.  

At one point in time I said that fabric was the new paper for me, but I truly don't think I was ever this bad with paper. I did get a good deal of new oriental fabric recently and felt like I just had to make something out of it, rather than just taking it off the self from time to time and petting it. 




No comments: