Wednesday, September 3

Finding The Perfect Fabric

The hunt is as much fun as the capture!

We went to a total of 4 fabric shops hunting down the perfect fabric
for the borders of our current project the baby clothes quilt.
If you sew you know how that can be. 
The quest is overpowering to find the fabric that is just right.

After looking at the shops close by my house we determined we would make the sacrifice to drive down to Franklin and visit the dangerous to my wallet Quilters' Garden. It's not that they are over price by any means, they just have such a huge selection that I can NEVER  just get what I went in there for. There is always several things that just end up going back home with me. Yes, I'm a fabric junkie, I'll admit it. Paper used to be my ruin, but now it's fabric, not that I've stopped buying paper.

So after over an hour in this wonderful shop we are looking over some of the last racks and we stumble onto a great find. The owner of the shop had the first machine she purchased in there. This wonderful sweet pink brother. I went to the counter at once and asked if I could take photos. It seemed to be in perfect condition too. Just too sweet.


Well a wonderful day of fabric shopping, what could be better. 
Now I have to go find a place to put all my new treasures.

Oh yes, if any of you see any pig fabric when you are out shopping please let me know.
I'm having a hard time finding many different types. - Thanks

No comments: