Sunday, July 6

Frozen River - Mixed Media


Not much art done during the 4th weekend. Hubby was off and we tended to just relax, grill and zone. I did do some sketching while sitting on the deck.  I finally completed this one project that had been going on for several weeks and wanted to share. 

This is #2 in a series of mixed media, mini quilts. "Frozen River" is made with silks and satin which were dyed and then painted with fabric paints. Quilting and beading were next, I sometimes have a hard time stopping the beading part. 

Frame Size: 13 3/16 x 11.25
Art Quilt Size: 9.5 x 7.5


When I started quilting I only looked at cottons, but now the whole fabric store is my pallet. I enjoy mixing the unexpected fabrics together and often get a surprise result. Isn't life wonderful.

These small art quilts range in price from $25 - $75. 
Custom colors and designs are just a request away.
They can include your photography.

1 comment:

Angel said...

This is cool. It doesn't even look like fabric... what size is this?